HOW WE FUND
Chambers Fund does not accept unsolicited proposals because its grants are internally initiated. We primarily make grants in Colorado.
The foundation researches and identifies organizations and projects that are well-positioned to advance social justice, women’s economic self-sufficiency and early care and education. We believe that systems and policy change will positively impact nonprofits that provide direct services. With limited resources, we focus our grantmaking on policy, advocacy and systems change.
We seek opportunities to fund organizations within our program areas that serve a unique role in the community, state or country. Much of our grantmaking is made through strategic alliances and partnerships with other funders and grantees.
Our approach is based on an engaged funding philosophy where we partner with other funders and grantees to create positive change. Our cooperative journeys inspire an innovative climate that guides us, our funding partners and our grantees to look beyond traditional contexts and develop creative solutions. Our philosophy adheres to the following principles:
- We invest in systems change to eliminate barriers for people today and create opportunity for future generations.
- Beneficial change often requires long-term investment and, to that end, we often provide multi-year general operating support, reflecting the foundation’s commitment to administrative efficiency and flexibility.
- We build organizational capacity by establishing close, long-term relationships with our grantees and encouraging comprehensive planning and program development.
- We believe it’s necessary to take risks and think creatively to effectively address community needs. Therefore, we are open to unique and unanticipated ideas and projects that fulfill the mission of the foundation.
- We further believe that sharing knowledge and best practices is an effective way to maximize our grantees’ potential impacts and can often spark innovative thinking, leading to the creation of new frameworks that shape and guide our work.